Classic video game backgrounds...

Being a child of the 70's and growing up with my trusty Atari 400, another side of my personality is that I am a video-game geek.

My brother had a Nintendo SNES system.  My wife bought me a Sega Genesis for Christmas way back in 1994 which I still have and my kids still play.  I have owned a Nintendo 64 (still have that one too), a Nintendo GameCube and now a Nintendo Wii.

I still really enjoy playing the classic games whenever possible so this site is a lot of fun.  DesktopGaming has backgrounds created from screen shots of classic gaming levels but with a bonus.  A lot of the backgrounds are the entire level stitched together to make a higher resolution picture.

Navigation on the site is not the best but once you get in there you will find a lot of fun backgrounds to add to your machine.

And while we are on the subject of backgrounds, one of my favorite apps is John's Background Switcher.  The program can be set to change the screen background on your PC to whatever time interval you want.  I can add a calendar to the background automatically and will even resize the images to fill the screen.  I highly recommend this app and use it on all of my computers.

Enjoy!

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments