The housing crisis... They want to do what?

Ok... First off... I know. Its been a very long time since I have posted. Maybe this will get me back in form! I've got a rant that I just cannot get rid of.

Topic? The "bailout" of the housing crisis and the supposed need to "help" people who are about to lose their homes.

Now, don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the US citizens who are in foreclosure or are at risk of losing the homes that so dearly love. What I'm hacked about is the plan by our supposedly "conservative" administration to help these people keep their homes. From what I can tell, the plan is to reduce the amount of money they owe to their lending institutions so that they can now "afford" the monthly mortgage payment.

How is this even considered fair to all of of us who have sacrificed and scrapped and saved to make our payments every month so that we do not get into this financial crisis? What exactly are they going to do for those of us who didn't go out and buy the big screen TV, the new Mercedes and lost a load on the stock market but don't have a "golden egg" to fall back on because we were taught that it isn't even an option to not live up to our obligations?

This is really what ticks me off the most. That the financial lenders chose to give dangerous loans that undervalued the property and that people chose to take the money from these questionable loans to buy overpriced houses is bad enough. Now, however, to "save the economy" we are going to give them a break and bail them out.

Well, I say, phooey on that. I really do feel sorry for them, but they made bad choices and are they really going to learn from those choices if all we do is save their hides?

Would it be OK for me to stop paying my mortgage and say that I can't afford it anymore so that I can get my rates lowered?

I would love to cut $200 off my monthly payment, but I won't.

I've got my pride to think of and my conscience... Maybe the lenders and foreclosure facing US citizens should too.

Flame away! I'm back and ready for it!

Technorati Tags: , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Unknown said…
I could not agree more. It is another case of Republicans not being at all conservative.
admin said…
What if "bailing" these folks out actually repairs our economy? Would you still be against it even if it is for the good of all?