I'm an equal opportunity slammer... Ms. Clinton's foot in mouth disease

I know I've been sticking it to a certain candidate with what some might call an "alternative" religious affiliation.

What I really hate though is when the people I consider on my list of potential candidates to vote for goes about sticking their foot in their mouth.

Such is the case with Mrs. Clinton and her performance at the Philadelphia debate a couple of days ago. I didn't watch the debate personally since I find it WAY too early to even begin to think about candidates. A lot can change in the next few months when the real election push starts and not one of the candidate running for either party has started addressing issues with any real certainty.

Anyway... Ms. Hillary made a number of comments during the debate that FactCheck.org singled out as quite misleading or out-right lies. They include, and I'm quoting from FactCheck:

  • She falsely implied that the reason White House documents about her communications with her husband haven't been released is due to bureaucratic delays, and she avoided saying whether she would ask Bill Clinton to clear their release from the National Archives.
  • She avoided a yes-or-no answer to whether she supports giving New York driver's licenses to illegal immigrants and at one point denied saying the idea made sense, when in fact she said less than two weeks earlier that it "makes a lot of sense."
  • She avoided saying what, if anything, she would do about Social Security taxes or benefits, saying a commission should study the system "if" it has problems, and saying that acting as though the troubled system is in "crisis" is "a Republican trap.

The rest of the list is presented by FactCheck here (Although I did have problems accessing the article). More on the debate can be found on the MSNBC site here.

If you have not heard of FactCheck before, they are a really good organization that is dedicated to finding the truth in political campaigns and making sure that each candidate's feet is held to the fire when they make speeches and post deceptive political ads. They are part of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

admin said…
So riddle me this:

Why is that you call her Mrs Clinton, but in your previous posts you refer to the men as Gov. Romney, Rev. Trask, and Pastor Roberty Jeffries? I find it so interesting that everone seems to call her Mrs. Clinton and not by her earned titles of Senator.
Bryan said…
That's a good point Jack. I'm not sure why I did it. I think before I was trying to "mix it up" a bit when I was naming the others.

I'll be more aware of it future posts.

Bryan