Romney gets hit from the Christian Right again...

This time from the former General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God based in Springfield, Missouri.

On Monday night, KY3 reporter David Catanese had a very well put together and, I thought, balanced report on Mitt Romney and his support and disapproval in the Ozarks. The story had an interview with Rev. Tom Trask where he discussed his concerns with Romney's faith. While the article is video and the transcript is only two paragraphs, you can see the video report here.

KY3 has also provided an extended interview with the Reverend that might be of interest to anyone who wants to know why he cannot support and will not recommend anyone of his faith to support Gov. Romney. The video is available here. (EDIT!) Upon re-watching the interview I think I misconstrued Rev. Trask's comments. He states that he would have difficulty supporting Romney and that it would be "very, very difficult." He also believes that Mormons are not Christians and he considers the group "a cult". (End EDIT)

Once again, I'm not reporting this as indicative of my opinion (I'll probably post on that later). I'm just getting out an interesting twist on the Romney campaign and I wonder how they will attempt to counter this issue.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

I read your post last week. Actually, the Mitt Romney "faith issue has been addressed over and over for months now with a right wing sector loudly proclaiming, there is no such thing as a good Samaritan - at least if he's Mormon.