Into the mind of an ADHD Adult... or... John Stone redux.

I've never really been diagnosed as having ADHD, although my son has, and if seeing him is any indicator as to the chances of me actually being to use that label some day, I'd put it at 90%.

Anyway... If you don't suffer from the strange mind bouncing tricks that ADD/ADHD causes, here's an insight. Ever watch someone playing a pinball game? Notice how the ball suddenly flies from the bottom of the board, to the top then flings to the side and up a ramp and then stops suddenly in a hole only to then be tossed back out and eventually comes to rest after sneaking by the bottom flippers?

That is sort of how my mind works. Weird things happen all at once that can bring on a wave of memories, trivia, and bursts of talkative conversation.

The strangest set of circumstances happened this morning that had my mind bouncing here and there and then suddenly to a stop. I was watching TV, when I realized that I might need my jacket. I found it in the second closet I look, put it on, grabbed the laptop and lunch bags I needed for work while trying to block out the other one hundred things that kept popping to my frontal lobe, helped push the kids out the door for the wife and then I found some papers in my pocket.

It was a ballot for last year's Blogaroni awards... and a business card from John Stone.

And my world stopped. Just like that.

Damn. John's been gone for a while and I just realized that I hadn't had a thought about him in months. That card was all it took to bring back a flood of memories of John. I really only knew him from the Springfield Bloggers Meetings but that seemed enough. He was "dirty old man" but I liked him anyway. And I realized that when he died I never really posted anything about him.

Here's to you John Stone. Wherever you are, may you be looking down (or up) at us getting the best last laugh.

Requiescat In Pace Mr. Stone... You are still missed.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments

Unknown said…
I understand. My mind works the hey what is that?