Phishers have no shame...

People will never stop stooping to new lows. I've gotten used to unknown Nigerians emailing me about the millions of dollars they will let me keep if only I would help them move a massive amount of money into my personal banking account. All I have to do is just give them my account number and... well... at this point you probably know the rest.

Scammers have gotten more and more creative lately using the British Isles as their latest foil in trying to gain access to what little money I keep each month. Seems that I've won the British Lottery! And although I have been to Great Brittan and the Emerald Isle it was well over 7 years ago and I don't remember ever purchasing a British Lottery ticket. If you happen to know differently and I really need to respond to the email, please let me know.

But now the scammers have decided to try a new tactic appeal to my religion. I received the message from one "Sheila Johnson", a "fellow believer in Christ", who has $3.5 million just sitting in an unnamed bank in Europe... blah, blah, blah....

They even go so far as to quote Exodus and tell me that her "unbelieving" relatives are trying to plunder her assets...

{sigh}

So many people... so little time... so much money....

I'm just guessing that most people already know to ignore these types of scams, but if not, PLEASE don't fall for them. PLEASE look after the older people in your life that are easily influenced or moved by stories of other people's plights. And whatever you do... PLEASE don't forward them to me in a plea to help others.

I can barely take care of myself, much less the problems of Sheila and her very rich family....

Technorati Tags: , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

Comments