If anyone ever wondered why I despise Ann Coulter so much....

I'm finding that too many people haven't heard about Ann's latest round of hate-filled, "don't do as I do, do as I say", blathering that it amazes me. We live in Conservativeville USA here in the buckle of the Bible-belt, but not many people are standing up and shouting about what she said this weekend about Democratic Presidential hopeful John Edwards. Here's the video first to get you up to speed about all the hub-bub...



So... Ms. Ann seems to have found out something about Mr. Edwards that it appears he didn't even know about. He's a bundle of sticks... Yeah... Right... That's what she meant. Or, maybe it was commentary about the fact that if you do something dumb in this country, all you have to do is go into rehab...

Bull.

Everybody in that audience for the American Conservative Union knew what she was implying and they applauded her for it. And I've been hard-pressed to find any prominent conservatives that have come out against her statements.

What really amazes me is that this woman is put up as a poster child on FOX as a spokesperson for the Conservative movement. She is brought into these types of gatherings and given free reign to spew whatever she wants and nobody who invited her is held accountable. In fact, as you see in the video, people applaud her. Maybe that's because, to them, it seems OK that a blonde bimbo who wears the same black cocktail dress to everything doesn't have to answer for her tirades. Or maybe they like the fact that someone else is saying what they are thinking and they don't have to get in trouble over it.

Whatever it is, I'm still troubled over the fact that God-fearing Christians aren't up in arms over this. Since when did conservative values loving, "do-unto-others" believing people stop holding the people that are speaking for them to those same values and beliefs?

Apparently since the Contract with America ran out.....

Flame away!

**********Update!**********
Larry tells me that there's been a "huge outcry" on the right for Ann to "Shut up". Larry has said he will send links along and I'll post 'em when I get 'em.

I will, however, only be satisfied when she's publicly chastised by those who have let her spew...

And she accepts it....

And that will happen like a snowball's chance in hell.....

Technorati Tags: , ,

Comments

Sandy said…
I remember first hearing about AC back during the last election.
I saw an extensive piece about her "mouthings" on tv the other night. It left me wondering.....where did this chick come from? What is she known for, besides her all to frequent "spewing"? What is she famous for?
Unknown said…
She is a bane to me and I am a conservative.