LOST Returns... A Tale of Two Cities.

So here we are.  The beginning of Season 3!  Lots of expectations to live up to.... Let's begin with "A Tale of Two Cities".

----------------------------------------++==++----------------------------------------

A woman picks out a CD and plays "Downtown" by Petula Clark.  She seems worried and nervous and when the stove timer goes off she burns herself on the muffins.

A man is under the house working on the plumbing.... his voice sounds familiar. 

The book reading club is not going well and "Ben" is not there to help guide the session.  Someone dislikes the book chosen and the woman takes offense.  During the argument the build starts shaking as if an Earthquake is starting.  Everyone runs outside and we see Faux Henry coming out of a building... He looks in much better shape than the last time we saw him.  Everyone is looking to the sky to see what is making a God-awful noise.  A plane flies over and then breaks apart with the tail section falling immediately down and the rest of the Fuselage continuing forward.

Faux Henry starts shouting orders.  Goodwin is sent to the tail section.  Ethan to the front.  "You're one of them.  A passenger in shock.  Come up an adequate story if they ask.  Stay quiet if they don't.   Listen.  Learn.  Don't get involved.  I want lists in three days.  Go!"  He turns to the woman...  "So I guess I'm out of the book club."  Pan out of the village to a wider and wider and wider shot of the island and we see that it is bigger than we originally thought.  Smoke trails to two different parts of the coast...  Waaahwaahwaaaaahahhhhaaaa.... LOST zooms in....

Flashback time (FBT)...  Jack is checking his pager as he sits in a car.  Moonlight Serenade is playing on the radio (Where have you heard that before?) and he is spying on his soon-to-be ex-wife.

Real Time (RT)...  Jack pulls a bandage off his arm where blood has obviously been taken.  He sits up and finds himself in a cell.  There's an intercom on the wall that just spits static and while trying to reach a door he can see runs smack into a Plexiglas wall (heh).   There He yells for Kate and then....

We see Kate lying on the floor of a shower room.  She gets up and asks, "Where am I?"  Zeke... "You don't think I'm really going to answer that do you?"  "Where Sawyer and Jack?"  "Why don't you take a shower?  Wake yourself off. Wash the day off you."  "I'm not showering in front of you!"  "Kate?  You're not my type!"

Sawyer wakes up in a cage outside the encampment.  Another person is in a cage across the clearing. "Hey!  Where are we?"  "Oh you ain't gonna speak to me?  Got more important things to do?"  Then he notices the food buttons and the puzzle.  He tries to get food from the release.  "I wouldn't do that."  "If I want your advice I'll ask for it!"  ZAP!  "S.O.B!"  "Told you."

Jack is trying to pull a chain from the ceiling.  "Stop that!"  The book club hostess enters and introduces herself, "I'm Juliette."

FBT...  Jack shows up for a meeting for the divorce.  "Where's your lawyer?"  "You look pretty.  I fired him."  Apologies all around and the Sarah's phone rings... "No, not yet"....  "What's his name?  I want to know who he is.  You can have everything... The cars, the house... I just want to know the name of the man that is with my wife."  Sarah walks away.

RT..  Jack is still trying to pull down the chain.   "Jack?  Can you hear me in there?"  "You want me to come down, come get me down.  Tell me where my friends are!" " I will if you come down."  "Do you think I stupid?"  "I don't think you're stupid... I think you're stubborn."  Jack yanks some more.....

Kate is finishing her shower... "Hey!  Where's my clothes?"  She find a locker with a dress in it.  Zeke shows up... "Come on Kate.  He's waiting."  Outside the sun is bright and Kate looks pretty in her dress.  Zeke leads her to Faux Henry who is sitting at a cabana on the beach enjoying an elegant breakfast.  He offers her handcuffs before she gets any food.  "And if I don't?"  "Then you don't get any coffee.....  A little tighter... Please?  Why Sawyer?  You asked about Sawyer first."  "I want my clothes back."  "We burned them."  "Why did you bring me here?"  "I gave you the dress so you would feel like a lady and a fork so you could eat like a civilized person.... because Kate, the next two weeks are going to be very unpleasant."

FBT...  Jack is going through Sarah's cell phonebook entries trying to find out who cuckolded (look it up) him.  He dial another number and his dad's cell rings.  "I think it is time you let it go, Jack."  "Why is Sarah calling you, dad?"  "Because she is afraid for you."  "My grip is not the problem."  "I think I know a little something about being obsessive."  "No.  Being a drunk is obsessive."  "Let it go Jack."

RT...  Jack gets some water from a drip in the ceiling and spits it out quickly.  The intercom fuzzes in and out but Jack gets on response.  Juliette comes in with food and water.  All Jack has to do is sit on the far wall with his back to the wall and she will bring the food in.  Jack refuses.  "What do you do, Jack?"  "I'm a repo man... When people can't pay their bills, I go to the bank and get their stuff back."  "Are you married?"  "No.  Never saw a reason.  What's your job besides making sandwiches?" "I just put the toothpicks in.  When you crashed, where were you flying from.... Why were you bringing your dad back?"  "Because he was dead."  "You can trust me Jack.  I'm not going to hurt your."  "What the hell is going on here?"  Juliette leaves with the sandwich.....

Sawyer is checking out the puzzle... "Hey!  Hey!"  "You talking to me Chachi?"  "How long would it take to get to your camp?"  An alarm goes off... "Subject escaped....."  "How'd you get out of there?   Hey!  Hold on..."  "You!  Run that way!"  Sawyer runs into Juliette who stuns him for the fun of it.  Sawyer is put back in his cage while Carl is forced to apologize for his breakout attempt.  Carl is led away... I bet we see him again....

Juliette returns again with food and water and convinces Jack to cooperate.  The drugs they gave him causes severe dehydration and may cause hallucinations.  "So, you're a doctor?"  "No. I'm a repo-woman"  Jack goes to his corner and waits.  "Thank you Jack."  Juliette has to go outside to get to the door.

FBT....  Jack is tending to a patient and looses focus when his dad answers his cell phone.  He follows dear-old-dad to a hotel where a meeting is taking place.  Friends of Bill W. is on the door.  Jack barges in and finds that it's a sort of AA meeting.  "You must be Jack.  Why don't you grab a chair and join us?"  "You know me?...  What did you tell them dad?  About my job... my marriage...  He manages his marriage with a bottle of Scotch ever night."  Dad's been sober for 50 days now.... Jack accuses his dad of sleeping with Sarah... "Jack, just please let it go."  And he attacks his dad....

RT....  As the door's lock turns, Jack jumps to his feet and attacks Juliette when she starts in.  He grabs he around the neck and hold something sharp to her neck.  They move out into the hallway.  "Open the door!"  "I can't Jack!"  "Open the door!"  "She can't Jack," says Faux Henry.  "She's telling the truth.  Go ahead.  If she does, she dies anyway."  Jack throws he aside and starts to turn the bulkhead door.  Water gushes in when the door opens and both are washed away as Faux Henry gets away.  Juliette yells to Jack to help her with closing the door.  The room is flooded and she leads Jack to a button that will drain the room.  Jack hits the button and Juliette his him knocking him out and into the water.  She pulls him out and breaths a sigh of relief.

Sawyer is working on the puzzle still.  He manages to get a large rock to hold down one lever, uses his shoe to hit a target and pushes the button.... John Phillip Sousa plays...  "Reward... Reward"  He gets a fish biscuit, some pellets, and water... Yum, yum.  Zeke lead Kate into the clearing and locks her in the other cage.  Her wrists are really cut up and he says he will bring back some meds for them.  "How 'bout you bring me an Ottoman?  While you're at it, I could use a blow dry."  "Hey!  You got yourself a fish biscuit.  How'd you do that?"  "Finally figured out your complicated gizmos."  "Only took the bears two hours."  "How many of them were there?" 

Sawyer and Kate pander back and forth... "Nice dress."  "They made me wear it."  "I asked for that cell.  You hungry?"  He throws the fish biscuit to her and she chows down.

"Its an aquarium.  Is it for sharks?"  "Dolphins too."  The place is under water and was called The Hydra.  "It doesn't matter who we were only who we are."  "You don't know anything about me."  Juliette has a nice big file all about Jack and his life... his schooling, his dad's autopsy, his life...  "How'd you get that?"  "We got it.  This, Jack, if your life."  "Do you.. is it just about me or is it about my friends."  "Its just about everything."  "Do you know about my ex-wife?"  "Sarah?  Yes Jack... What would you like to find out?"

FBT...  Sarah posted Jack's bail from the attack on his dad.  His dad called her in a drunken stupor .  Jack chases he outside and wants to know if the man she's with is him.  "It doesn't matter who he is it just matter who you're not.... Jack, your father called me to help you... I could hardly understand him... Now you have something to fix."  She walks away....

RT... "Jack?  What would you like to find out?"  "Is she happy?" 

"Yes, Jack.  She's very happy."

Sobbing, Jack accepts that Juliette will bring him some food and he will cooperate.  Juliette goes outside where Faux Henry stands....  "Good work Juliette."  "Thank you, Ben."

Faux Henry (now known as Benry) does that weird, creepy, strange look into space that tells you... they're up to something.

LOST!


Technorati Tags: , ,

powered by performancing firefox

Comments