Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....

Once again, the lack of posting on my part has caused one Larry, over at Simple Thoughts of a Complex Mind, to complain. There are reasons for the lack of posting...

1) A really bad cold/sore throat has kept me really tired once I get home in the evening. So much so that I have forgone my thrice weekly workout on the new BowFlex we purchased a month ago. I just haven't felt like sitting and blogging and I'm sure that everyone out there can relate.

2) Our Internets were down this past weekend. I had planned on doing some posts, but at 9:30 am on Saturday when I sat down to blog, the bits were not flowing. I called the Wireless Internet provider to check on the status of the service since it usually comes up in about 5 minutes if it goes down and was informed that something was taking the whole system down repeatedly and service had not been available for about 3 hours. This continued all day into Sunday and Monday. When my wife finally called me at work and asked me to call since she could not get through to the company all was revealed.

Someone on the system downloaded a rather nasty virus (or by my guess trojan mailer) that was taking all of the bandwidth it could muster and basically bringing the system to it knees. This lady was fighting with the service provider because she insisted that it was Total Wireless's fault that she got a virus and expected them to come out and fix her machine.... Ummmmmm... No?

Anyway, when I called them on Monday, they had taken all of the radio relays down to determine who was the culprit and was thankful that I called since they forgot to turn most of the Clever relays back on. 5 seconds later, my house had broadband again. Very nice!

3) I'm having too much fun tracking the Lost Experience game this summer. Right now participants are piecing together small bits of a larger video that will reportedly reveal some of the big secret behind the Numbers! You know the numbers don't you? 4 8 15 16 23 42... 4 8 15 16 23 42..... Repeat as necessary.

Thanks, Larry. Now I'm back on track!

p.s. And now blogger won't let my performancing plugin to connect... {Sigh} guess I'll do this the old fashioned way..... to Blogger.com we will go.....

Technorati Tags: , ,

powered by performancing firefox

Comments

thinkingthings said…
Speaking of Lost...what happened to the re-runs??!! No reruns for the last two weeks, and I am in withdrawal. Wednesday AM, the tv guide thingy said Lost would be on at 8PM. By the time I got home from work, it had changed to some lame-o comedies. Oh so sad.

Didja see the piece in the paper the other day about the Lost mini-video clips for wireless phones this fall? Apparently Hurley is going to find an old vid camera on the island and start filming the castaways. We'll be able to download the clips onto our phones and eventually put together mystery clues or some such. Sounds pretty darn cool to me!